However you feel about New Year’s Resolutions…we all have different ideas. Some keep them, some utterly fail. But, I have found that if I don’t have goal – life doesn’t seem to be lived intentionally.
So, these are my goals for 2011. I think they are good, meaningful, and attainable. I am also praying for some God-sized things this year. What God-sized things are you praying for this year – things that when the world sees the answer: the only praise will go to God?
1. 40 Day Fast. My friend, Lara, is doing a Daniel Fast. I am not called to the same fast that she is, but I am supposed to change my life for the time of January 2 – for 40 days: here’s how:
* no syndicate television. At least for 40 days. This will not include football. And to be honest, my Mom will record the shows I normally watch and I will watch them after 40 days, but how I can use this 40 day time period to focus on other things. And I will be watching NFL during this time, because again, the NFL isn’t wrong and isn’t as consuming as hour long drama shows.
* no sweets at home
*only fruits and veggies when I eat at home (as means of getting clean foods into my system)
* up at 5am (this is fasting from sleep)
* computer off at 9pm (this is a fast too)
2. Continue daily Bible reading (I haven’t decided what plan I will be using this year, but there are plenty to choose from)
3. Blog strategically: 4 times a week at least (then special posts).
4. Read a book a week.
5. Increase photog skills, ministry, and sell cards/stationary
6. Finish my book.
7. Lose more than I’ve gained in 2010
8. Continue weekly Panera planning.
9. 3 races – all done in interval times (5k, 10m, half)
10. Memorize Philippians
11. Three yoga workouts a week: my body feels so much better whne I do this!)