Here are two disclaimers for this recipe post about a delicious cookie:
1. I am a purist when it comes to Oreo Cookies. None of these fancy seasonal flavors or even the double stuff or reduced-fat. No, give me the original!
2. I wouldn’t say that peanut butter cookies are my favorite. There are plenty in front of it.
So, when I passed by the Peanut Butter Oreos in the Wal-Mart aisle today, it could only be my creative streak and giving into my son when he said “cookie” that made me want to whip up a batch of these.
But how would Oreos and Reece’s Pieces (E. T. Phone Home – my husband’s favorite childhood flick) go together. I guess there was only one way to find out!
These cookies were like pillow-soft. I loved that about them. Perfect texture. I loved the chewiness with the texture from the Oreo pieces and candy coating from the Reece’s. My husband said he wouldn’t change a thing. I’m glad. I adore these cookies.
And the colors work perfectly for the Fall.
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed Oreos (but not too fine)
- 1 cup mini Reece's Pieces
- Cream butter and sugars for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla - mix for another 5.
- Add in dry ingredients
- Fold in Oreos and Reece's.
- Spray 3 cookies sheets with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spoon out onto sheet pans and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set - but don't overcook.
- Let cool.