And summer is slowly coming to an end. Zoo Atlanta is less crowded during the day. More school buses are always on the streets around town. Malls are less jam packed with kids.
School may have started, but summer fruits are still thriving. This past weekend I went over to Alabama to visit with some family and I got treated to two farm-grown watermelons. One had yellow flesh and one had the typical red flesh. Both were beautiful and sweet.
So, I paired them both with some balsamic and olive oil! What? That doesn’t go with watermelon. It does if you have some specialty balsamic and olive oil from Oli & Ve in Roswell. I paired this for a tasting there and knew that I would be purchasing both. That tasted amazing together.
- 1 cup yellow flesh watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 1 cup red flesh watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 2 tsp vanilla balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp persian lime olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Put watermelon in a bowl. Combine the oil and vinegar together. Drizzle over top of the fruit. Season with salt and pepper. Eat!
- I like this served room temperature. Would be a great side dish to a pork or tacos or fish