I absolutely love trying new foods. I had never had soba noodles before so this was a new experience for both my husband and me. It was a delicious recipe that I tweaked over from Laura at Blogging Over Thyme and she had sweet comments to say about the photos too!
So, be adventurous in this new year – eat this salad!
And, this is not a sponsored post from Gourmet Gardens, but I absolutely love their bottles spices. So easy to use and tasty. And as a cooking mom, who doesn’t need convenience!
- 1 pkg soba noodles (Japanese Buckwheat Noodles)
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 T sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 8 green onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup chopped, dry roasted peanuts
- 4 4 oz frozen wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 tsp gourmet gardens chunky garlic
- 1 tsp gourmet gardens ginger
- 1 tsp gourmet gardens red chili
- 1 T coconut oil
- Heat water to boil for noodles and cook according to pkg instructions.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Combine sauce and whisk together.
- Pour over noodles.
- Add onions and cilantro.
- Let chill for at least 30 minutes
- Heat coconut oil in separate pan.
- Add spices and heat for a few seconds.
- Cook salmon in pan until done.
- Plate and top with more onions, cilantro, and peanuts.