Love having women over to live life with me, eat girly food, and be creative. This was the scene at our dining room table the weekend of Thanksgiving. I had some sweet girlfriends over to celebrate creativity and enjoy getting to know one another.
With any girls’ brunch, I think some egg dish is customary, right? Well, as I am cooking through Jenna’s blog, I came across this one. My learned lesson from this: read the instructions. I figured eggs cook fast, so it can only take about 30 minutes, right? Wrong. The quiche didn’t get done for an hour and I would have known that had I read the directions. But, during the waiting time, we stood around in the kitchen and talked. So, it was worth the wait – when we all dug in and enjoyed the savory goodness for breakfast.
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust
- 6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large head broccoli, use the florets
- 3 eggs, I used Great Day Farm eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press your pie crust into a pie pan. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli just until done - about 4 minutes.
- In a pourable dish, mix your milk, cheese, eggs, bacon, and seasonings.
- Place cooked, cooled and drained broccoli in the bottom of your pie.
- Pour your egg liquid over the top.
- Bake until set, about an hour.
- Take a pretty picture.