Comfort food is the name of the game in the south. There is high class comfort food – then there is just down home casserole type comfort food. This is it. My mister has a great church cookbook from the church he attended when he was growing up.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups reserved chicken stock (from cooking chicken)
- 1½ cup frozen corn
- 1 5 oz box of chicken herb stuffing mix
- 1 stick butter
- Boil chicken until done. You will want to have well-seasoned water because you will be using the water for the rest of the recipe.
- Shred or cut up chicken in bite size pieces.
- Pour in the bottom of a 2-3 qt casserole dish.
- Mix together 1 cup chicken water, and both cans of soup, and corn.
- Pour over chicken.
- Mix together stuffing mix, melted butter, and 1 cup chicken water.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375.
To make this a complete meal, just add something green and maybe some bread. You can always have dessert too – and sweet tea!