I wish every week we could go on a honeymoon. My husband and I love to travel and I can’t wait to show our boys the world (as much as our budget will allow). Early on in our courtship, my husband and I knew we had a mutual love of food and roads. So, naturally when we got married, he was a master at planning our “secret” honeymoon. I could never have planned a better trip.
After a brief stay at our favorite place in Durham we ventured up to Washington DC for a few days as the first leg on a two week road trip. He had bought us tickets to the Taste of DC – a huge foodie tasting tour in front of the Capital Building. Even though I was sick, I still enjoyed it – in spirit at least.
Oh and a brief, unpaid plug. My husband loves Duke’s. Yes, the mayonnaise. I’d tried it once before and I stuck to my regular brand, but now have tried it again – and it really has made me fall in love with mayonnaise again.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 T mayonnaise (I use Duke's)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste
- 2 c shredded chicken
- ½ cup sauteed onion
- 7 eggs
- 1½ cup half and half
- 1½ cup mont jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450. On two pieces of foil, squirt equal amounts of mayonnaise, lay the shucked corn on top, roll around, and sprinkle cayenne and chili powder.
- Close up the foil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Lower temperature to 350.
- Spray a deep dish 9 inch pie plate with Pam.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, and cheese (and more seasonings if you want).
- Mix the corn, chicken, onion
- Combine the two and pour into pan.
- Bake for about an hour or until set.
- Let cool and enjoy!